Our modern living room furniture includes bedheads, outdoor bean bag chairs, poufs, chairs, room dividers, and light shades.
What should I look for when buying furniture?
These tips will help you find quality furniture for your home.
- Solid hardwood is the best option for high-quality furniture since it is made of one piece of natural material and does not contain sawdust or timber composite.
- Few knots are better as knots crack easily and risk damaging the piece unrepairable every time it is handled or moved.
- The joints of good quality furniture are dovetailed, dowelled, screwed, and mortise-and-tenon, making them sturdy and less likely to fall apart over time & with use.
- Frames should be level with the floor. Warped material or bulges, cracks, and distortion can mean the piece is unstable and cannot support weight well.
- The piece should be reasonably scratch resistant.
- Choose natural fabrics like cotton blend, linen, leather or wool instead of synthetics such as acrylic or nylon, as organic fibres can be biodegraded at the end of their lifecycle.
- Seat foam should have a density rating of 1.8 pounds or more for comfort purposes.
- For spring-based sofas, try sitting on different parts of the sofa to see if it causes you to sink or tip over.
- Manufacturers usually self-deck their high-quality pieces, meaning they use the same fabric all through
- Sofas or chairs should have well-fitting legs rather than nailed-in ones.
What should I look for when buying home furniture?
Before purchasing, make sure you have measured your space, as you don’t want to risk over-cluttering. Choose a room style such as modern, bohemian, Hamptons, or traditional. Consider colours and patterns, as they can greatly impact the overall appearance of your individual rooms. We offer furniture selection with a focus on elegance, comfort and affordability without compromising quality. You can also check out our living collection for more options.