CHOOSING THE RIGHT BLANKETS FOR YOUR BED
Blankets are the simplest way to add warmth to your bed, providing extra layers that are easily added and removed as required. They are typically quite plain, intended to go underneath your more decorative bedding. For throw rugs that are designed to add both style and warmth on top of your other layers of bedding, browse our throw rug range. Of course, throws and blankets are often used in conjunction with one another for the ultimate cosy bed.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT BLANKET FOR YOU
The most common way to choose a blanket is by considering whether you are looking for a winter blanket to retain heat, a light summer blanket that is breathable, or an all seasons blanket. Perhaps you have allergies, are looking for are particular size, or are searching for something more decorative? Read on to find out everything you need to know about our extensive blanket range.
Our Most PopularSHOP ALL
SUMMER BLANKETS AND ALL SEASONS BLANKETS
The most popular compositions for summer blankets are natural fibres like wool and cotton. While wool is often considered as a winter blanket composition, it is breathable as well as warm, and able to regulate temperature in a way that only natural fibres can. This means it is great for summer as well! If you’re buying blankets online in Australia you know how important this is, with such broad variations in our temperatures.
Cotton is another great choice for Summer. Cotton woven blankets are very lightweight and breathable. As another natural fibre, cotton blankets can also be used for warmth in winter thanks to their superior temperature regulation properties. The cotton blankets we recommend are the Bianca Norwood, MM Linen Brooklyn, and Linen House waffle blankets.
Summer BlanketsSHOP ALL
We know how important it is to be able to rug up on a cold winter's night, in your bed or on the lounge, and that's why we stock a variety of warm blankets in a number of compositions. The most popular materials for warm blankets for winter include:
- Wool blankets - Wool is a natural fibre that is both warm and breathable, making it a great choice for both summer and winter. For wool blankets we recommend the Bianca Australian wool blanket (endorsed by Woolmark), Jaspa Black Australian wool blanket, Alastair’s Herringbone wool blanket, Jaspa Black waffle blanket, and the MM Linen Akaroa blanket.
- Polar fleece blankets - Polar fleece blankets are most commonly found in commercial settings like in Airbnbs. They are a more budget conscious, heavy duty option, for those looking for cheap blankets that will last. Check out our Bambury Commercial Villa or Bambury Commercial Chateau Deluxe blankets.
- Mink blankets and plush blankets - Mink and plush blankets are polyester blankets - man made fibres - that offer the soft feeling of a microfibre along with lots of warmth. Try our Ardor Boudoir Lucia, Bianca soft velvet or Bambury Zuni blankets.
- Faux fur blankets - Our faux fur blankets are listed as throw rugs, as they are more commonly used in this way.
Winter BlanketsSHOP ALL
An electric blanket is a must have for when that extra bit of warmth is needed, and at Manchester Warehouse, we stock the most reliable and safe electric blankets. It can be hard to know where to start when it comes to choosing an electric blanket, but we’re here to help! Besides the basics of heating your bed, there are a number of features that are available for electric blankets. These include:
- Multiple heat settings
- Timer for automatic switch off, for comfort and safety
- Removable controls to allow for machine washing
- Safety features such as overheat protection systems
- Different heat ‘zones’, so that different parts of the bed can be different temperatures. Typically that is the two sides of the bed, but some electric blankets also have separate zones for feet and body
- Smart electric blankets or programmable electric blankets can be set to preheat to a certain temperature at a specific time.