You want your bed to stand the test of time, and selcting various bed protectors will help keep it safe from wear and tear and extend its life. Mattress protectors are the most common choice of protector, but pillow protectors and quilt protectors are also available. Browse our range today to find the perfect solution for you.
Mattress protectors are available in all standard bed sizes. This includes:
Mattress protectors are also available in specialty sizing, including:
Mainstream sizes will have the most range to choose from, while specialty sizes may only be available in one range.
Types of mattress protectors
Waterproof mattress protectors
Waterproof mattress protectors are most popular in cot, single, king single and double bed sizes, for babies and children. However people of all ages can have need of waterproof mattress protectors or benefit from the peace of mind they bring, so they are available in all bed sizes.
Although our waterproof mattress protectors are plastic backed, they are not crinkly and don’t make noise, so you will be able to rest easy without any disturbance.
We stock some of the best waterproof mattress protectors in Australia. Some of our recommended products include:
- Alastairs Bamboo Waterproof Range - This protector is available in all sizes and is made from bamboo which makes it breathable, perfect for all year around use.
- Hilton Deluxe Waterproof Range - This protector features a plastic backing topped with terry towelling for comfort.
- Hiccups Oopsy Sheet - This product is a waterproof panel that goes on top of the fitted sheet on a kids bed. It is designed for kids who have nighttime accidents, and can be placed across the bed or run down the bed from top to bottom. Because it is on top of the fitted sheet, clean ups are simple.
Allergy-Friendly mattress protectors
If you have allergies, it is best to choose a mattress protector made from natural fibres like bamboo or cotton.
Some of our recommended allergy-friendly mattress protectors for sale include:
- Hilton Deluxe Bamboo Breath Easy Range - This mattress topper features bamboo fill and a premium cotton cover, natural fibres are best for those with allergies.
- Hilton Deluxe Cotton Range - Featuring cotton outer and fill, this mattress protector is made from 100% hypoallergenic natural fibres.
- Bambury Mite Guard Range - This is a different kind of product, featuring a thin, mesh-like, breathable fabric which is designed specifically to protect against dust mites and prevent allergies. It is an envelope protector, which means you slide your mattress into the protector and zip it up at the end, rather than just fitting it to the top of the mattress, which protects it from all sides. This range is also available in pillow protectors and quilt protectors, to offer you full protection from allergy-causing mites and dust.
Quilted mattress protectors
Most mattress protectors are quilted for your comfort, however specialty products like waterproof mattress protectors and mite guard protectors are not quilted due to the way they function.
Commercial mattress protectors
Commercial mattress protectors must be durable and cost effective. There are two products that are popular for commercial use:
Premium mattress protectors
Some of our higher end mattress protectors are the Hilton Deluxe Bamboo Breath Easy range and the Hilton Deluxe Cotton range. Both are made from 100% natural fibres, and are fully fitted with a 38cm wall to fit most standard mattresses. The Hilton Deluxe Cotton range, however, offers the option to size up to Mega Queen and Mega King to get a generous 50cm deep wall that will fit pillow top and bottom mattresses.
Pillow protectors help extend the life of your pillows and keep them clean. We offer pillow protectors in multiple sizes, including:
Our recommended products for standard pillows include:
A quilt protector is a specialty product, and is usually only used by those with allergies. We stock the Bambury Mite Guard quilt protector. The quilt goes inside this protector, which then zips up, and you can then put your quilt cover over the top of it. The protector is designed to keep mites and dust out of the quilt, and is available up to super king size. It can be paired with matching pillow protectors and a mattress protector from the same range for full protection.
What if I’m a hot sleeper?
If you are prone to overheating, the best mattress protector will be one made from natural fibres like bamboo or cotton. Steer away from polyester protectors where possible.
Can you wash a mattress protector?
Our mattress protectors are fully washable. For information on how to wash your mattress protector, consult the individual product information and follow all instructions.
At Manchester Warehouse we ship the best mattress protectors Australia wide for one flat rate of just $9.95, so it’s affordable and easy for you to extend the life of your bed.